High Pressure solar geysers
high pressure solar geysers are designed for on grid water supply (municipality). Anything over 200kpa is considered high pressure, however 400kpa is ideally what you would want to running your hot water pressure at. The water pressure at the hot water tap will be the same as the pressure from your cold water tap, provided the pipes are of equal diameter.
- The simple compact design leaves no space for extra components which can leak, freeze, burst, lose heat, or simply stop working.
- The heat pipes fit directly into the tank. There is only a sleeve inside the tank, so heat loss is minimal.
- Because the whole system is on the roof, it is easier to install, which also cuts costs. It obviously cannot leak through a ceiling
- This is a high pressure system. It can be used for city pressure, although it has been tested at much higher pressures.
- Problems with freezing can be expected only at MINUS 35o Celsius.
- Low pressure systems are substantially cheaper than high pressure systems.
- All high pressure systems use a 1.2mm stainless steel tank.
- There is an optional electronic control panel, which controls the electric backup element. This panel controls 1, 1.5 or 2 kW elements, and can even be plugged into a normal three point plug, as it draws less Watts than normal electric geysers.
- A frequently asked question is about hail
- All our systems use 2mm tubes, designed to withstand 38mm diameter hail. They are surprisingly cheap to replace. Replacement costs are in the price list.
Even if some vacuum pipes are broken, the system will still work
Closed Coupled solar geysers
It can get quite confusing when trying to figure out what solar geyser to go with. Closed coupled systems are probably the most effective systems as they have less chance of heat loss because there is less pipe travel till it reaches the tank through the thermosiphon method. Another way to remember closed coupled is that it is 1 peace. The pipes slot into the tank utilizing a silicone sleeve to seal it.
Our solar geyser range is available for delivery throughout South Africa | Centurion | Midrand | Krugersdorp | Vanderbijlpark | Boksburg | Randburg | Roodepoort | Sandton | Germiston | Stellenbosch | Bloemfontein | Alberton | Kempton Park | Port Elizabeth | Benoni | East London | Pietermaritzburg | Soweto | Berea | Pretoria | Johannesburg | Durban | Cape Town | Mpumalanga | | Namibia | Congo | Madagascar | Zimbabwe | Lesotho | Botswana | Malawi